Be Vulnerable | Danny
Friends have told me that being a single, middle aged man is the best. One said that typically, his Friday nights are dinner, wine and sex with no strings attach on Monday morning. What is your experience?
"My experience with this topic is much different than your friend, but I get it. Let me ask:
- Does this gentleman have kids?
- Is he with the same woman every weekend?
- Is he just a player at his age?
- Does he really think about others rather than just himself?
These are the things I think about when I see guys my age acting this way. I still believe that I will meet that special woman to share my life and experiences with and though it's getting tougher to do these days; things are looking up. The questions I often ask are:
- Will the woman I go out with be able to handle being a step mother?
- Will she be able to handle the BS I go through with my ex wife?
I have 2 wonderful teens and they been hurt by someone I was close to and that really broke my heart more than anything. I don't think I've ever shared this with anyone. I'm worried about getting into relationship for that reason, I don't want to make that mistake again. I think I've put myself in a bad spot and closed myself from the opportunities to make good. I need to tell myself to open up and be vulnerable, but that easier to say than to do."